Monday, October 16, 2006

The built environment

Now we come to my career path, which has expanded on my view of design and philosophy. Here are some of my early works which I took when I started out in Architecture. The beauty of the centrifugal force that ties in the visual focus.

Here are some of latest work after developing in my photography. These show the beauty of the vertical linear visual that buildings have, drawing attention to the skys, towards the Heavens. Photos taken in the University of Melbourne. Here's a design I am working on for uni. It is a design for a Knowledge Transfer building for the University, trying to create a gateway for the city into the university. It is a minimalistic box, with a simple cut through at an angle, to make the building a gateway itself. When sectioned, it can be viewed as two seperate towers, one being the University component, and one being the City. In between these two elements is a conduit, where the transfer of people, sound, light, and ultimately, knowledge, takes place, and brings life to the building, to its meaning, to its purpose.

Back to finishing submissions. Two more weeks till everything is done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home